It’s officially spring (and finally beginning to feel like it too!) so you know what that means. Time for another Authors in Bloom blog tour.
The rules are simple. Visit as many of the participating blogs as you can over the next 10 days and leave a comment. One commenter will be randomly selected to win the grand prize: A Kindle Fire or Nook (winner’s choice) along with a $25 gift certificate to either Amazon or B&N. In addition, most of the participating authors are giving away their own prizes, so make sure you visit all the blogs! The contest ends on April 19th at midnight and winners will be announced on the 21st.
Last year, I posted my recipe for Asian Salad but this year I decided to go with something a little sweeter. This is a recipe I found on the SheKnows.com website (a great site, by the way) and manages to include two of my most favorite foods in the world: Snickers bars and apples. Sounds strange, I know, but believe me, it’s out of this world.
- 6 Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 6 full-size Snickers candy bars, chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) box vanilla or butterscotch pudding mix (do not prepare)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or whole milk
- 1 (12 ounce) tub Cool Whip, thawed
- Caramel topping sauce
- Set aside chopped apples and Snickers on a cutting board.
- In a large bowl add vanilla pudding and half-and-half. Whisk until smooth. Gently stir in Cool Whip. Once combined, fold in apples and Snickers.
- Let mixture cool for at least an hour before serving. When you are ready to serve, drizzle with caramel topping sauce.
So, don’t forget to leave a comment (along with your email address) and to visit the rest of the blogs on tour. You can find all the links right here. One commenter on my blog will win an autographed copy of my latest novel A GIRL LIKE YOU, along with a secret bag of goodies (I promise, it will be good!). US entries, only.