First made at my friend Mary’s house. They take a little extra effort because they need to made the night before you serve them. But totally worth it. And since they’re red and white (with the sugar on top) just tie a blue ribbon around the stem of the glass and they’re great for a Fourth of July themed Bunco!
- 6 cups white tequila
- 12 cups water
- 4 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 1/2 cups Triple Sec
- 2 (10-ounce) cans frozen margarita mix, thawed
- 2 (11.5-ounce) cans frozen cranberry juice cocktail, thawed and undiluted
- 2 (12-ounce) cans frozen limeade concentrate, thawed and undiluted
- Light corn syrup
- Coarse sparkling sugar
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a very large plastic container. Cover and freeze at least 24 hours or until slushy.
- Pour a small amount of corn syrup onto a flat plate. Pour coarse sugar onto another plate. Dip rims of margarita glasses in corn syrup; dip each glass into sugar. Pour margaritas into prepared glasses.
- Freezer Note: For more convenient storage, divide Pomegranate Margaritas among zip-top freezer bags.
This recipe was taken from: Kelley Wilton, Christmas With Southern Living 2006, Oxmoor House